Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
I40 Box Booked on Floor 3, Seating to be confirmed.
I40 Confirm which games you will be installing.
ICC 10 - Who's Next?, Gav ask's the question.
LOU Free Web game, information on forums.
Admin Needed Looking for Admin to take over forum.

Resource Requests

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm Currently looking into how much its going to be to set up another city closer to Damo, Seems that there is a good amount of spare land bordering the sea there as well as an established alliance there which with enough talks could look to recruit as allies.

To make this viable means that there will need to be alot of resources and also gold available to everyone looking to move.
I currently have ALOT of iron but am short of food and gold.
I am working on the carts needed to set up a trade route effectively so that we (me and damo) can effectively provide trade routes to all the other memebers of the faction and aid you all to get to one location too and keep your first city as a resource hub.

As mentioned above the resources needed for this endevour is vast so we need to help each other out.
If anyone (after they have sorted thier own resource issues out) realises that thier land is designed to build farms on and ends up having a load of Food or gold spare then let me know as id be happy to trade a great deal of Iron your was as recompense for this.

Once the initial move has been made i will start re building resources and then me and damo can start shipping them over to you guys.
Hopefully soon enough we can all converge on this area and almost force these other alliance to ally with us and let the games beging..

Reason for converging on Damo's position is simple

He's currently got the highest ranked city (mostly cause of his vast army)
He's got alot of spare spaces about him mostly by costal land meaning ease of transportation to cities along ports but also naval fleets.
We move attention away from out resource hubs allowing attacks to be channeled to an area of defence in numbers.

Lemme know if your available for any resource exchange and also what you think about the moves.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 pm

ok having looked at some of the co-ordinates of other alliance members it seems that myself and damo are the only 2 that are on the current island.
Looks like a re-think may have to be in order.
Either the 2 of us try and find out if its possible to "share" control of a port city and create 2 additional cities on the coast line one on our coast one on the other coast to allow for trade.

This would be idea and save alot of resources .

If anyone has looked into the alliance control of cities lemme know.
Back to top Go down

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:01 am

from looking at the wiki it seems building a new city also requires both a baron and a moonstone, or possibly it requires the moonstone to recruit the baron, i was slightly lost (the baron requires a lvl 10 trinsic temple i think, which in turn requires a lvl 8 town hall? plus the moonstone needs a lvl 10 moonglow tower, which needs town hall 7)
if you want to move to a different continent you need a harbor as well, which requires a lvl 10 town hall
I think I might be able to do all that before my 7 days protection are up

also, i would suggest don't castle your first city, then you can make it defensive and just farm resources/gold
I think as steve suggests we should try and all make cities in one location to wage war/forge alliances and use our starting cities to feed them resources
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 am

Awsome,
Personally i think moving the resource builders to the army is better tactically.

This means shipping over to Damo at the moment.

I think ill probably be in a position to be able to build a second coastal city by Damo within about a week.

Thanks for that post though Charlie was really helpful in letting me know what needs to be done.

Think the issue for me is going to be gold and food although the other materials should come easily.

Either way i am sure ill get there.

If your able to get that all sorted in the week charlie ill start working on a harbour too so i can get some resources over to help you out with the move.

Once we have as many people close as possible its the key think to just keep moving resources about as they are needed and keeping resourve cities secure and hidden.
Back to top Go down

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:54 pm

currently i'm not having a problem with resources, i only have 2 farms but not recruiting a huuuge army, i think i have about 70 troops or so atm, so plenty of food and gold piling up

have you got a market and some townhouses for gold? or i found raiding seems really good for getting gold, even from crappy lvl 1 dungeons, i'm sending 4 waves at the one nearest me, the gold soon builds up from that
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:19 pm

tallbird wrote:
currently i'm not having a problem with resources, i only have 2 farms but not recruiting a huuuge army, i think i have about 70 troops or so atm, so plenty of food and gold piling up

have you got a market and some townhouses for gold? or i found raiding seems really good for getting gold, even from crappy lvl 1 dungeons, i'm sending 4 waves at the one nearest me, the gold soon builds up from that

Yeah currently got 2 marketplaces at lvl 8 a piece and only 2 town houses but they are both at lvl 7 too.
The other resources are litereally only 2 days away easily doable. The food will be there as after my towers are upgraded to 10 for that elusive moonstone i can then stop all production and pick up as many raids as possible for that gold.

Speaking to bug hes not so far away from you charlie so put it to him that he may want to make a second base of operations over by where you are. Then from there he can build up resources for a third city and move to continent 3 where we can all start to re conviene.
Back to top Go down

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:12 pm

yeah i'm thinking of sticking a 2nd city on the coast just to the south, there is quite a nice large patch of free space there if anyone else on continent 4 fancies building a seaside resort

I see that bug is landlocked, everyone that is landlocked will deffinately need to build a 2nd city on either a river or the coast (I presume all the rivers eventually meet the sea?)

once you guys are sorted on continent 3 i'll come join you

also I didn't factor in above the build time of lvl 10 stuff, that might extend the time needed by a few days :S

i need to build more cottages!
Back to top Go down
deimoz

deimoz

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:11 am

i found the best way to make resources is to constantly have attacks out. if u find a dragon or a hydra within a few hours of your base - send troops. even if you dont kill it you gain lots of resources. obv once you have got a bigger army hit lvl 3+4 dungeons as they also provide much much more loot. as for buildings, im just concentrating on getting a 2nd barracks up to lvl 9 + my town hall to lvl 10, but getting 120k of each resource is a pain in the a*se.
Back to top Go down

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 am

a lvl 2 dragon just appeared not too far from me, how many troops should I send against it?
just send everything I have (about 75 i think now) and prey?

only lvl 1 dungeons around me so far

but even raiding those a few times seems to be as good gold as townhouses, i'm thinking of bulldozing the houses to build more cottages hehe
Back to top Go down
deimoz

deimoz

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 am

yeah, although you may find you'll lose a few troops doing so + you may not kill it all in one go. i have found magical + mounted units work best against dragons. but i think foot troops will work in mass numbers.
Back to top Go down
deimoz

deimoz

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:35 am

ah btw on the cottage front, you'll find you'll be dozing them as soon as u get the resource specific bonus buildings like sawmill stonemason + foundry. they offer a better bonus once you can build them. Smile
Back to top Go down

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 am

you can only get the bonus from those special buildings once though, so all other gaps can still be cottages ;) I did have to bulldoze a few to make way, but did some major rebuilding work on my city today anyway, so no great loss
Back to top Go down
deimoz

deimoz

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:05 am

the bonuses stack and affect all bordering buildings to it Smile so build as many sawmills etc as poss Razz
Back to top Go down

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:23 pm

under the details section for my woodcutter huts it says 'bonus provided by processing (max;1)' so i presumed they don't stack, but the cottages do as all nearby cottages appear on the list, are you sure they do stack?
Back to top Go down
deimoz

deimoz

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:27 pm

maybe its coz i got sawmills + cottages nest to each other, which gives me the impression they stack Razz

i might actually try read up on the ins + outs of structures one of these days rather than just rushing in + building whatever i feel like scratch
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:18 am

Ok so some people wanted to know what the costs of moonstones were.
50k of each resource including gold.

I have everythign i need now to be able to set up a city, except resources. the others should not be an issue as i have more than enough per hour to leave over night and get what i need. However food is going to slow me up . ill start upgrading farms and stuff now.

but yeah ... now you knlow.
Back to top Go down

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 am

so maybe we should consolidate that into a list of resources required for first city;

for the city itself - 100k wood, 100k stone, 25k iron, 25k food
plus 250 carts (i think a lvl 10 plus a lvl 8 marketplace?)
**if you are going to relocate to a different continent you need a harbor instead (lvl 10 town hall) not sure what lvl harbor you need, will update

for a baron - trinsic temple lvl 10 (town hall 8), 50k iron, 100k gold

for a moonstone - moonglow tower lvl 10 (town hall 7), 50k wood, 50k stone, 50k iron, 50k food, 50k gold

is that right? did i miss anything?

afaik for every city after the first you need more than one moonstone, i saw a list on the wiki somewhere. the baron's can't be moved to a different town first before founding the city, but moonstone production can be anywhere i think as they aren't tied to cities.

Last edited by tallbird on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bloody fucking smilies arrrgh)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resource Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Requests   Resource Requests I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resource Requests
Page 1 of 1