Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
I40 Box Booked on Floor 3, Seating to be confirmed.
I40 Confirm which games you will be installing.
ICC 10 - Who's Next?, Gav ask's the question.
LOU Free Web game, information on forums.
Admin Needed Looking for Admin to take over forum.

The Grand Scheme.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Ok here is the idea we have.

It appears that we have most of the fun happening on Continent 3.
However luckily we have a few people on Continent 4.

What i propose is all those on Continent 4 (those who's Co-Ordinates start with a 4) look to arrange to move to a coastal or river area (some where that ALL members of that Continent can get a second City with access to building a harbour, thus allowing movements for all members to Continent 3 and eventually visa versa)

Discuss amongst yourselves who currently has access to building a harbour(if any) and also who has enough space close to them to allow expansions for the other members of the alliance there.

Once we have a several good harbours built up on Continent 4 we can start trade routes between the 2 continents as I will be moving my first city upto where Damo currently is (and where our base of operations will be) I will be building this on the coast allowing trade to be sent back and forth between the 2 continents and ultimately sent a large amount of resources to those on continent 2 allowing them to successfully and quickly move thier new cities to continent 2 (in some cases thier 3rd cities).

hope this makes sense to you all and of course post below any comments or questions or concens you may have .
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Like this ....
The Grand Scheme. Ultima10
Back to top Go down

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:18 pm

zomg we have maps and everything!

i like how short a time we've been playing this game and we already have maps and plans of action Smile

steve you need to invest in a white cat and start practicing the maniacal laugh

do you think it would be viable to build cities purely for bulk storage of resources? full of hideouts and warehouses so even if it gets plundered no one can nick anything
maybe the trade ports would be best for this
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:01 am

I'll keep you posted on the cat...

Yeah i think its a great idea.

As it turns out now also we have another alliance memeber (feenix) who's drawn the base on continent 2.
As I see it this means a safe house on Continent 2 also.

For the time being this will mean Feenix will (unless he lucked out and drawn a port city) will have to start working his way towards a coastal city to the right hand coast.

That way once that route is set up we can then get resources to him which will allow another city to be built on Continent 3 and yet another harbour containing resources and also SHIPS!!
Back to top Go down
deimoz

deimoz

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:14 am

tallbird wrote:

do you think it would be viable to build cities purely for bulk storage of resources? full of hideouts and warehouses so even if it gets plundered no one can nick anything
maybe the trade ports would be best for this

afaik you cant plunder other cities unless you have a castle; so i would suggest us not building a castle in any city until we're all clustered together.

GJ on the maps steve, liking them lots. Hope to see more with everybodies location on it Wink
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 am

OK, after hours of trying to find a map ... no go.
SO yet again in paint as I dont have photo shop available at the moment here is a really rough estimation of peoples locations.
hope it helps.

The Grand Scheme. Ultima11
Back to top Go down

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:39 am

as far as I can find out, once newbie protection is up anyone with a castle can plunder your city for resources, but it can't be conquered/destroyed unless you also have a castle. so anywhere that is producing a lot of resources and has a castle nearby needs to think about defense and possibly hideouts.
it seems that newbie protection doesn't extend to new cities founded, so they will need some sort of army stationed there if there are castles nearby until walls and defenses can be built.

oh and feenix is on a river i think, so he can skip straight over to continent 3 if he wants, might be a long trip

btw, I found an old maths book (gridded paper) is really handy for planning out your city layout. I'm about to enter the 2nd wave of bulldozing and re-building as I work out the best use of resources and building positions.

I think the best layout for farms is;
F M F
-- L --
F M F
(F = farm, L = lake, M = mill, -- is empty can't be arsed to find code for blank spaces)

Last edited by tallbird on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deimoz

deimoz

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:48 am

you are correct charlie Smile

just taken this from LoU wiki:

What now !?
1. Relax
2. Do not give up
3. Challenge the plunderer

1. Relax
The plunderer can hurt you, but he cannot kill you.

Details: – Most of your resources and economic power are bound in buildings. He cannot destroy those as long as you have no castle. – You will lose troops, but that is not unusual in Lord of Ultima. Everyone does, this is a game where players fight players. Rebuilding an army after war will happen often. – You can protect your resources.

so basically - build hideouts + protect those resources asap. then when we can be near each other, defending will be a lot lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 am

Great little layout there.
I am going to leave my resource buidlings as they are for the moment but upgrade no further.
Once I have settled in the land of Damo and started gaining resources thorough that city then my initial city will find its self almost completely dozed making way for a much better and more logical layout.

Already got plans to build a third city on the south coast of continent 3 just to make those all important trade routes a little quicker for myself.
Back to top Go down

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:15 am

diagram 2; wood production (or stone/iron as well), this presumes at least lvl 5 buildings
this is my current thinking, was toying with the idea of a central sawmill surrounded by woodcutter huts in turn surrounded by cottages, but the city size doesn't really allow that.
nb - it seems that lvl 5 cottages give the same boost to production as a natural resource square, the layout below doesn't take natural resources into account so any squares that are cottages could also be resources, plus you might have some city walls in some squares, you might need to shuffle sawmills around in this case to ensure the maximum efficiency

C C C C -or- C C C
H H H H ----- H H H
S C C S ----- C S C
H H H H ----- H H H

H - woodcutter huts, C - cottages, S - sawmills, ignore the ----
this block can be repeated as needed

not really looked into townhouses much but i suspect a central market surrounded by townhouses would be best

right, back to bulldozing

(btw, you can destroy natural resource squares, eg. that pesky chunk of stone right next to your nice little farm, takes 2 hours and it can't be sped up afaik)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Grand Scheme. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Scheme.   The Grand Scheme. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Grand Scheme.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lord Of Ultima :: Lord of Ultima Information Thread-
Jump to: