Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
I40 Box Booked on Floor 3, Seating to be confirmed.
I40 Confirm which games you will be installing.
ICC 10 - Who's Next?, Gav ask's the question.
LOU Free Web game, information on forums.
Admin Needed Looking for Admin to take over forum.

Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!

Go down 
+2
Ash
slothotdk
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! Empty
PostSubject: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 am

ICC Raids

Ok last Monday we had a vote whether to save progress on the ICC raid, so that we could see more than the first 4 bosses. The vote was 50/50 I think, but I can’t remember who wanted what. So here’s you chance to have your say

Alt raid on Sundays have been the same few new folks and all the old timers, thus everyone is thoroughly bored of ToTC and wants to progress further. I guess the ones who need the gear from there can’t make a raid at that time? Maybe we can hear from then when they would be available for “gearing up” runs?

Option 1 – Sunday afternoon raid stays as alt raid, but we do some hard modes in ulduar and totgc? And no moaning. Priority to those who want to tank/ heal

Option 2 – Sunday afternoon becomes ICC bosses 1-4. Proposed time 2pm-5pm. Monday night raiders get priority if they want to come, but as some people are in raiding communities not everyone can make it. (Gav, if you still want first 4 bosses on a Monday, this idea is out straight away)

Option 3 – Sunday afternoon becomes Achievement Ho afternoon. We hunt down old content like Kara, ZA, even lvl 60 raids. Get achievements / see old content and have a laugh. Don’t necessarily need 10 people for all of this, and gear isn’t an issue.

Ok can o’ worms is opened, have your say...
Back to top Go down
slothotdk

slothotdk

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:34 pm

not fussed what happens my thought was to get alts and other dks who raid on a sunday and want to gear up to run totc for 3 sundays try and scrape gear to help that spec them move as a oiled unit to icc 10 as a new group new roles and show the guys the joys of icc What a Face gives guys a chance to tank heal or just dps and we as a guild would have 2 groups in icc
Back to top Go down
Ash

Ash

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:52 pm

From the point of view of someone who doesn't go to ICC, I would like to see those that take part on the Alt raid get an oppurtunity to get into that "Elite" group. Obviously for us to do that we need to raid somewhere that will get us gear.
I like the idea of the Alt raid as a purpose to gear people to a standard that would allow them to get in on the ICC action.
Not sure if we cycle through different raids ToT/Uld/Ony/VoA (if we have WG) but I definitely think the members not in the ICC group need an oppurtunity to get there.

thougts on a postcard....
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Agree completely Ash.
At the moment its a shame we are in that "dead zone" between having to many people for 10 man put not enough for 25 mans.

Its going to get to a stage where class rotations are needed.
Through experience its important for the "geared" people to get in to a new instance so essentially the healers and tanks can learn the fights.
Once they have it down then a couple of DPS can be swapped in at a time (as long as they are not going to turn out to be liabilities with regards to not being able to follow instructions or be sub par DPS).

With all this taken into account .. gearing before ICC does still need to take place, not only to do the obvious (gear up) but also to give people an opportunity to learn raiding etiquette and also progress in the learning curve that is your class.

I would be happy to help people out as long as they help themselves. I dont WANT to go into TOTC every week for the hope that something nice drops .. its only 232 and yes there are upgrades in there for most people but id like to see people with as many of the 232 and 245 badge loot as possible.
Run heroics, sell your soul if you have to, in theory once you have all the 245 and 232 badge loot you can get you should be able to stoll into TOTC and happily destroy it in an hour.

IF this happens i'll be happy to come.

ALSO

Once people are at that gear and knowledge level i'll bow out of a couple of mondays to let people get a taste, i would not be happy leaving and not getting new boss kills however as this is basically the only reason i raid .. to see new bosses. Loot people are welcome to .. the experience of seeing a boss kill for the first time i want.

Hope this spreads some light on the subject and gives my 2 pence worth...
Back to top Go down
Grobbleguts

Grobbleguts

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Some good points made.

ICC

From my understanding, Dark Knights has traditionally been about the ten of you playing the game together. While i am grateful to be included in the ten at the moment, i understand that my position is not permanent. As Steve has said we dont have enough to put together a 25 man just yet so with that in mind there are some options.

1 - We look at growing the guild, start a recruitment campaign, plaster the recruitment vid around a bit and anyone who isnt offended (ie called Mark) can join up untill we have enough to form a 25 man raid on Mondays. This will obviously require us to develop the officer ranking system and guild bank accordingly. Note im not suggesting Dark Knights becomes a dedicated raid guild, there must be like minded people out there.

2 - We find a partner guild in a similar position to us that wants to raid on Mondays and see about getting into 25 man content that way. We did this in my previous guild in Anacronos and it worked well but we did go through a few guilds till we found one we could work with.

3 - We stick to the 10 man and us newbies look at joining a raid com or alternate guild if we want to see icc

4- We start doing the first 4 bosses on Sunday as Ele has suggested. Once everyone is up to speed and gear we can start looking at rotations.

Personally i dont want to join a raid com or find another guild, in the past i have always been more interested in the leveling than end game stuff. That said i am really enjoying Monday nights with Grobble so options 1 or 3 would suit me.

As for Alts raid.

This should be primarily about getting those not currently involved in ICC up to a standard where they are ready. For most of us this is already the case but then thats what our alts are for, Once this has been achieved we can look at the options above and see where we stand as a guild. I would also like to potentially use this time as an opportunity to see some previous end game content. Im not interested in rp loot or achievements but like Steve i like to see new bosses. Whatever other peoples reasons im sure there are enough to start working through the old raids.

Hope this helps and gives people something to think about.

Laters chickens!
Back to top Go down
Galhad

Galhad

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:14 am

Well seeing i started all this alt raid on a sunday business maybe i should say a thing or two....

erm i personally wouldnt like to see the first four bosses done on a sunday due to me working every sunday Smile a little selfish i know but i would be a little pissed as i helped us get to the point where we can 1 shot and down em quick... then to bring someone in to get my 8 badges cause i have to work would make me wild.... call me what you will !!!

I think as far as it is concerned to lose me charlie gav on a sunday cause of other commitments would be a little harsh i know charlie isnt about at the mo and tony has stepped in and done a great job but she is one of the origonal 10. The reason we chose a monday night was because we were all free and all wanted to raid together, i know i have bought 3 people to the guild which is making it difficult but we need to stay true to who we are and what we started the guild for..

Thats not me saying we will never get those guys into ICC but maybe we need to look into a 4 tank 6 healer set up plus whatever dps we have available and run 2 10 man ICC on a monday night or a sunday whatever day the second raid wish's with a couple of pugs if we have to.

All in all i'm fairly easy going i like to raid with you guys at the moment but if you decide on a sunday for the first four bosses then i'll step back and not raid.. i'll try and pug it or something, 8 badges plus loot is alot to lose thats all i'm saying, i'll go with the majority on it all tho not a problem.

Peace out moon children xx

Oh p.s i agree with people a little about others joining but then we have to decide if were a raiding guild or a RL friends guild because people will get hurt and upest if they are dropped from the set up, we all know that so i guess thats the next step to look at what we are or if we wish to stay as what we are now, also the guy who runs the Monday nights being Andy needs to say what he think because he's the one in charge END OF....

Also sam has a point it should be a completly new group of alts not ICC monday night Mains which would allow you the option of ICC sunday full run then Mon night ICC full run with ya main, if we are short of tanks/healers people may need to change spec to be able to make a sunday group thats all i can say on it really, if that sounds a bit harsh sorry but thats the way i see things as much as i wanan raid with all my friends 17/18 dont go into 10 Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 am

Well said Mark, totally agree on all points here.
I personally think with all the new chars up and coming there should be enough people / classes to form a second raid.

I'd put it to those not currently raiding, but wanting to raid to head over to the do you want to raid thread. Put your names down and then evry one can see the numbers were actually playing with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 am

personally i rerolled to play with real life friends, and I know others have rerolled/transferred for similar reasons, and with that in mind i wouldn't want to open up dark knights to random people we don't know in real life.

i've not been around much for the alt raids, but it sounds like we have about 15 or so people? - eg not quite enough for 2 x 10 mans and too many for 1 group.

so I would suggest maybe keeping the original icc 10 group and making a 2nd from alts of people who can raid on the sunday plus everyone else, people can be switched between groups if sun is better for them than mon, or they raid on a sun or whatever.

eventually with the newer people in the guild who are leveling their chars we could have 2 x 10mans without needing alts

the joining up with another guild for 25 mans also sounds like a reasonable plan

and on the gear side of things, full badger/232 tier/new icecrown hcs gear is fine for icc 10 and we shouldn't overly need to be farming totc/ony to gear up if people get their asses in gear and farm the hcs. yes its dull as fuck, but then you get to swan into icc so its worth the effort put in :)

oh and please please can all the new people who don't have much experience raiding go and read up on the therycrafting forums (eg www.elitestjerks.com or similar sites) and find out how to play your class, rotations, specs, what gems you should socket, what enchants are best etc etc
there is no point in getting the gear if you don't gem/ench it properly and don't know how to use it, we can teach people how to raid (don't stand in the fire!!) as long as you have some clue how to play your class

Last edited by tallbird on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:40 am

tallbird wrote:
personally i rerolled to play with real life friends, and I know others have rerolled/transferred for similar reasons, and with that in mind i wouldn't want to open up dark knights to random people we don't know in real life.

i've not been around much for the alt raids, but it sounds like we have about 15 or so people? - eg not quite enough for 2 x 10 mans and too many for 1 group.

so I would suggest maybe keeping the original icc 10 group and making a 2nd from alts of people who can raid on the sunday plus everyone else, people can be switched between groups if sun is better for them than mon, or they raid on a sun or whatever.

eventually with the newer people in the guild who are leveling their chars we could have 2 x 10mans without needing alts

the joining up with another guild for 25 mans also sounds like a reasonable plan

and on the gear side of things, full badger/232 tier/new icecrown hcs gear is fine for icc 10 and we shouldn't overly need to be farming totc/ony to gear up if people get their asses in gear and farm the hcs. yes its dull as fuck, but then you get to swan into icc so its worth the effort put in Smile

100% agree.
The alt sundays is also a really good idea. I now hate my hunter but i would use it in icc on a sunday so that others could go in there.

Still wanna keep m000 for mondays though for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:49 am

shit you quoted me before i could get rid of the smilies, those fuckers are evil!

and well i raid (or at least when i'm back i will be raiding) on a sun so i prob can't do the alts malarky
Back to top Go down
crossy

crossy

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:51 pm

hav to agree with the not letting randoms in the guild, been in far to many guilds to know the step from 10 to 25 man raiding is a painful process and can completely fuck up a guild if you get the wrong people, so i would say keep it as it is, as a non icc raider and generally on off player im happy to just tag along with what i can join in with my chr's arnt amazingly geared but i do know how to play them and thats the hardest part so if i can help out id by happy to.

crossy
Back to top Go down
Deathjezter
Super Admin
Deathjezter

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Well, taking this all into account. How does this sound.?

Quite a few of us have muliple characters, while not everyone will relish the idea of doing ICC twice in 2 nights It could be something that may work..

Main characters of those NOT raiding on a monday will get priority on a sunday.
Alts of those people who ARE raiding on monday may join with any character as long as it meets the minimum gear requirements ( this also applies to the mains too).

Gear should be AT LEAST 232 badge loot and preferably 245 badge loot ( as we dont want to waste an evening wiping).
Go get those heroics done, farm, farm, farm.

Once this is all sorted then perhaps a few hours on a sunday afternoon can be put aside for those people who do wish to do it.

If this is to work as a guild only endevour then the following things need to also happen.
2 Tanks need to be geared up and ready to tank (learn tanking, the boss fights, get gear)
3 Healers need to be also all of the above
5 DPS at the above gear level and also able to hold thier own with dps in the 4k region.

It may mean people need to think about respeccing or multispeccing to get this done.
I know some people have certain classes up and coming so maybe it will take a little while to implement, either way let me know what you think of this as an idea.

OR...

We Field 15 people. Find a group with 10 ICC ready and capable people and do 25's on a sunday and continue plodding on with 10 man as it is on a monday ... there is the other option.
Back to top Go down
Galhad

Galhad

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:10 am

I think from how it sounds the sunday raid should be formed the way steve and I suggested tho there will need to be someone willing to run it as it won't work just on the forums, my suggestion would be :

someone send the invites i think sam has done the past one, 2 people nee to step forward and tank also healers will be needed then try totc with this set up get new tanks used to tanking if you one shot it with loads of time then head into ICC have a look as to be fair even trash is tricky in there if pulled/tanked the wrong way at worst you will be getting rep for the ashen verdict ring.

If i was still about on sundays that would be what i would do but i'm not so good luck people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: recruitment   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:33 am

argh fuck what happened to my post!??!!? my beautiful post..... *cries*

yeh anyway i wrote a post about stuff and things, and I can't remember how it went but it was epic dammit!!

pretty much it said -

DARKKNIGHTS is a social guild for REAL LIFE friends. If you dont know two or more people in the guild well enough to punch them on the arm and call them a twat when they fuck up, you're probably in the wrong guild. There is and never will be any recruitment, certainly don't encourage people to swap to our server by telling them they'll get in raids and we're all hardcore and stuff! Argent Dawn is full, there is a queue most nights and there is free migration away.... it's for a reason. (Not a poke at any of our current members, I just want to be sure people are joining us for social reasons, not to get Phat Lootz)

The original post was less emo but I'm annoyed now so ner Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:27 am

/pokes ele in the ribs
emo plodge!

(mark i think its time to post those photos now.... mwahahaha)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:43 am

bah. I has nu shoes. i don't care Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 am

nu shoes? nuuu shooooes? ooooo post pics of nu shoes nao!

(although i presume they are black and trainer type and not pretty pink heels, oh well nevermind)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!   Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alt RAIDS / ICC and stuff!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Guild Chatter :: Guild Chat-
Jump to: